I don’t know how long I will be able too sustain my plan of writing every week something about what my process has been, but this week is not a problem.

I am happily back to writing, but unhappily or happily depending on how you look at it, I am into substantive changes. Not huge restructuring I hope. But definitely tightening one particular character.

If you remember, this manuscript is from two points of view and I did a fairly comprehensive edit of one. This week I have started the second character. As I get half way through I see that her issues must be resolved differently and with more action.  I rewrote one chapter this morning. That feels decent. But the next chapter I worked on, the changes were not enough and not good enough.

I will reread from the beginning cursorily to summarize each chapter and outline where this character should be at each stage. It will take time. It will be a slog but worth it.

I wish myself luck.

Until next week…